Pregnant Ghost Bat having an ultrasound at Featherdale Wildlife Park
congrats it’s a bat
[delighted bat noises]
Sergei Solomko - Nastasia Mikulichna
This is one of my favorite characters of the Russian medieval epic poems - byliny. Her name is Nastasia Mikulichna, and she is a female warrior (not so typical for Early Middle Ages, eh?)
Among other epic characters, knights-bogatyrs, she is one of the skillest ones. There are a lot of stories like “Nastasia met some cool famous warrior, defeated him and then let him go, because what else she could do with such a weak”.
if you had to drop out of a class you are not a failure
if you had to take time off school you are not a failure
if you had to leave school for good you are not a failure
your worth is not determined by academia and this goes doubly so for disabled people and others for whom school is set against them
triple because school doesn’t do much for people
- Feminist: Women in America are so oppressed, we need feminism.
- Me: Oh? You mean you are forced to cover your whole body and face in public?
- Feminist: No, we can wear whatever we want.
- Me: Oh.. So you mean you are not allowed to drive or own a car?
- Feminist: No, I can own one if I want.
- Me: You mean you're not allowed to get a job?
- Feminist: No, I have a job.
- Me: You mean it's legal for a man to beat his wife?
- Feminist: No, he would go to jail.
- Me: You mean you're not allowed to go to school and get an education?
- Feminist: No, I graduated college.
- Me: You mean you're not allowed to vote?
- Feminist: No, I voted for Obama.
- Me: You mean that if you show too much skin, people will throw acid on you?
- Feminist: No, I always wear skirts and shorts and t-shirts,
- Me: You mean that women get stoned to death for being raped?
- Feminist: No, women get help centers and rape hotlines and all kinds of support.
- Me: You mean women are not allowed to run for or hold office?
- Feminist: No, there are women in office now.
- Me: Then HOW are you oppressed?
- Feminist: There is a song about sex that has women dancing in slutty cloths.
- Me: Are you fucking serious? *facepalm*
- I still make .71 cents for every dollar a man makes
- I graduated with a degree where women are 75% of the graduating body but men make up the top 10% of the field
- I've been called "uppity" and scolded in reviews for behavior that is lauded in my male counterparts
- I was told I was "overreacting" and then lectured on the sanctity of marriage when I was in an abusive marriage
- I deserved being raped because I wore a skirt
- my friend wasn't "drunk enough" for her rape to count, when she was physically assaulted and blacked out during it
- I've been told I can't write as well as a man in anything but romance, because my female brain isn't equipped for it
- I once worked a job where you were only called "girl" instead of your name...unless you were over 35, then you were "old girl"
- No, American women don't have it as bad as women in many parts of the world...but we still have a long way to go.
There’s a lovely old English myth that if someone who truely loved and trusted the werewolf called it by name that it would turn back to human.
Others include throwing their human clothes at it and it’d turn back but that’s a bit less romantic
I’LL REBLOG THIS TILL I DIE
These people have been around since the dawn of time too..